The Linear Thermal Detector (LTD) is a twin conductor cable with a heat-sensitive covering protected by an outer sheath. In a fire or overheat condition, the heat sensitive covering melts, causing the conductors to short, which alarms the system.
- Alarm temperature: 177°C/350°F
- Maximum operating temperature: 105°C/221°F
- Continuous detection over complete length of sensor
- Simple assembly using suitable fixings (e.g. cable ties or P clamps)
- LTD spacers protect against damage
- Continuous line monitoring using Kidde end of line connector
- Provides alarm signal to Kidde controllers
Activation occurs when the temperature-sensitive insulation on the two internal wires melt shorting the wires together. Detector is routed within hazard area.
Minimum bend radius- 3 in./75mm
Nominal current draw- 0mA
Alarm temperature- 350°F/177°C
Operating temperature- 221°F/105°C
Note: If the wire alarms to a fire, the wire must be replaced prior to returning the system to service.